|Date Posted||January 3, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
COMPANY/CLIENT: Puglisevich on behalf of Seadrill
BUSINESS ADDRESS: Suite 1100 Cabot Place, 100 New Gower Street, St. John's, NL A1C 6K3
REPORTS TO: Technical Section Leader and Assistant Technical Section Leader
SALARY RANGE: $105,000.00 - $117,000.00 CAD
BENEFITS: Benefits Package Applicable (Medical, Travel Insurance & Retirement Plan), Foreign Service Premium (Appliable when employee is travelling outside of Home Country)
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland, Canada
TYPE OF RIG: DP3 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible, West Hercules
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract, Full Time
CONTRACT: Short Term Contract ; Estimate 156 Days
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Eight (8)
JOB SUMMARY: Engine Room Operator is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the unit's main engine.
- 1+ years experience as an Engine Room Operator on 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- 1+ years previous experience in a role with 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- 1+ years experience from Posmoor ATA operations on Semi-Submersible
- Recent (within the last 1-2 years) Harsh Environment Experience
- Canadian 3rd Class Engineer License (Unlimited) or STCW Equivalent
- Structured and organized mindset
- High level of integrity
- Analytical ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Maintain equipment within his area of responsibility to meet operational goals pertaining to maintenance and repairs by:
- complying with proper maintenance procedures in accordance with valid maintenance program.
- performing daily maintenance.
- Continuously updated on power consumption and shall distribute requested power.
- Assist as necessary in the maintenance work.
- Maintain the engine log on the daily diesel consumption and other necessary documentation being required within this area of responsibility.
- Shall have in-depth knowledge about:
- transfer and receipt of diesel, water and lubricating oil
- oil, air and water systems
- electrical distribution 2-4 split
- operation of pumps, compressors and other machines
- hydraulic, diesel and electricity.
- Observe to uncover any non-compliance and immediately report these to his superior.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is done safely and professionally and actively take part in safety meetings and other meetings.
- Emergency duties according to the unit's emergency organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Seadrill to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply specifically to this ad.
To apply please click the "apply" button.
Position Engine Room Operator I Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.